Below is a list of uses for 1516 N Lake Shore Drive. Check with the Business License Zoning Reference Guide to check if a special use permit applies.
- Assisted Living Facility (Elderly Custodial Care) | Residential/ Group Living
- Bed and Breakfast | Commercial/ Lodging
- Cemeteries | Commercial/ Funeral and Interment Service
- Churches | Public and Civic/Religious Assembly
- Clinic Medical and Dental (Government-Operated) | Commercial/ Medical Service
- Clubs, Private | Public and Civic/ Lodge or Private Club
- Community Centers | Public and Civic/Community Centers, Recreation Buildings and similar Assembly Use
- Day Care Center | Public and Civic/ Day Care
- Monasteries | Residential/ Group Living
- Parking, Non-Accessory | Commercial/ Parking, Non-Accessory
- Religious Institutions | Public & Civic/Religious Assembly
- Single Room Occupancy |Residential/ Single-Room Occupancy
- Vacation Rental | Commercial/ Lodging
- Single Family Home
The License Zoning Reference (LZR) Guide summarizes zoning classification and primary business licensing requirements for common business types, but it is not a comprehensive listing of requirements.
Anyone using this document should seek specific guidance from City of Chicago staff:
Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP)
– Small Business Center – (312) 74-GO-BIZ (744-6249)
Department of Housing and Economic Development (DHED)
– Zoning Ordinance Administration – (312) 744-5777.